Tuesday 19 July 2011

Hello Stockholm! - two

Today's planning was to visit one of the islands of Stockholm named Djurgården. This island is situated in the south-east of the city and has a lot of things to visit. There are several museums and the island is very green in general. This sounded good to me, so I decided to go there.

This was the view from the island. Absolutely not city-like, eh?
On the island, I decided to visit Skansen, the first open-air museum ever set up.



There was live music, in old style. The people were dressed in old fashioned clothing as well. Very idyllic.

You could see how furniture was made. Pure hand-craft. Wow.

This was an electric printing machine. Unbelievable how they needed a complete building to print a paper..

Overal view of the streets of Skansen.
I thought the rest of Djurgården was too touristic and crowded, so I skipped the rest and went to Östermalm. Most of the small streets over there had one or more antique stores. In fact, I've seen all the islands of Stockholm today, because after visiting quite a number of antique stores, I decided to do a city walk which turned out to be a walk of about 4 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Prachtig, wat een mooie plaatjes ook weer ;-)

    ReplyDelete