Saturday 9 July 2011

Attempt two

I've completely ruined the skirt I was sewing a few days ago.




Look at the seam. I had to get the seam out, because I sewed the inside out. That already gave some ugly ruffles, but the cloth is just completely ruined after ripping out the old seam.

The thrift store gave me a second chance though. Thank you thrift store! I found this amazing skirt. It actually is a high-waste model, but it fits me perfectly whenever it rests on my hips. I don't like the ruffles, but I've decided to cut them off, to then seam it straight. That won't be to hard. There's not much to ruin there. Such a skirt was exactly what I had in mind to sew!



Since I've got this size below-zero lately, I don't fit clothing in regular shops. Not that I mind, because I found out what amazing pieces thrift stores have. And strangely enough, those shops do have pieces that fit me perfectly. A few pieces I bought in thrift stores lately:


This cute African inspired dress. It's actually a top in size "huge", but it fits me as a dress pretty well.


This extremely long dress. I have to wear it with high heels, otherwize I would step on my own dress. The dress is hooded and has two huge pockets. It's pretty feminine, but somewhat casual as well, due to the hood.


And my favourite: the very-high-wasted black pants. I didn't have one black pants left to wear. They all got too big, so I was really happy to find this piece. It fits me perfectly and it's somewhat different than a simple and boring black jeans.

The best things about thrift stores.. They are cheap, they have unique clothing and if you decide to spize up something you've bought, but it fails, it's no disaster, because it was cheap anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment