Sunday 2 October 2011

London Trip - Day two

London.. Okay I don't really know what to think.
I've had several thoughts.
1. The people here seem to be rude
2. I lost the thought of London being rainy, cold and windy all the time.
3. People living in this city, using the tube regularily MUST become deaf in their future.
4. I always walk on the wrong side of the street.
5. English people always stand neatly on the right on an escalator, which I forget, so English tend to be irritated whenever I forget to do so.
6. Where's the ice-cream whenever you need it?
7. I forgot to bring an umbrella, a wall-socket converter, earplugs and a shaving knife.
8. What should I be doing all week?
9. I have not prepared myself well enough, because I don't know anything of this city and I already got lost 5 times the first day.
10. What an awesome hostel I'm staying in.
11. Why are they advertising on bladder problems in the Tube?

Crap. I cannot upload any pictures here, and my laptop is empty, which I can't charge, because I don't have such a converter...

Edit:
Sorry London, I've made you sound like a horrific place. It's not too bad after all. The thing is, you have to know where you are and where you want to go to. Wandering around in the city without knowing where you are or where you are going to is bad for your mood. And I have solved my 'problems', so now I can finally enjoy my weekend. My bag is now filled with razors, I can charge my laptop again with my brand new adapter, I know where to buy tasty ice cream and I know where to find a huge supermarket.

And since my laptop is alive again, I can show you where I spend my nights. It's really beautiful, the breakfast is nice and it's not even expensive!


Well, this is how my hostel looks like from the outside.

The corridors.

And the room where I sleep. It's a female dorm. I love the curtains. It gives a lot of privacy and gives a bit of a 'bedstee' feeling.

I found out that the block where the hostel is located, is much more fun than I thought. There was a store selling second hand clothing and antiques. 'Charity' it said. So there I've bought my first souvenir. It's a teapot for my collection.


1 comment:

  1. Is het dekseltje ook groot genoeg om te gebruiken als deksel voor het onderste potje alleen? Dat zou wel heel leuk zijn, dat je 'm ook als "normaal" theepotje kan gebruiken.

    ReplyDelete