Tuesday 4 October 2011

London Trip - Day four

I don't get it. I just don't get it.
Am I dreaming? It feels like I am wandering around in some kind of nightmare. I feel lost in this city. I went for a walk on sunday, and didn't end up anywhere. The blocks seemed to be unending. I only saw homes, homes, homes. No Big Ben, no London Eye, no bridges, no river, nothing but houses.
And then yesterday. What in hell happened yesterday? I wanted to know where I had to go to for my internship. In an e-mail I got from the Food Bank, it said that I had to be at Agar St. at 8:30 PM.
So I went by underground, to the centre of London. I made sure that I got out the metro station closest to Agar St. so I had less chance of getting lost.
I found Agar St. Finally. But there was no building or anything saying London Street Food Bank. Nothing at all. After having walked in that block four times, I gave up hope. No London Street Food Bank. And so I went back to the hostel, to find out if it indeed was there. Couldn't find it. But the mail said Agar St, so no doubt it had to be there.
I went back to the place at 8:15 PM, and there were homeless. Lots of them. All waiting for something. And at around 8:35 PM, all the homeless people walked towards one place. I stood up to look where they went. There was some kind of car opened, and the homeless walked away with a carton with rice.
The e-mail I got from the Food Bank on monday told me I had to talk to the distribution guys Zac and Glen. I expected the people around the car, giving food to the homeless, to be Zac and Glen, so I qued up and whenever it was my turn, I asked for Zac or Glen. The distributors however, did not know any Zac or Glen, and neither did they know anything about a London Street Food Bank.
And I haven't found any Zac or Glen that evening..

Hateful city. No internship.
It's such a failure...

No comments:

Post a Comment