Tuesday 28 June 2011

Being primitive



And then, when school's almost finished, suddenly there's time to really do something. Finally. So I decided to finally do something with this tree trunk I found on my way home a few weeks ago. I can still remember how hard two little boys laughed at me because I was carrying a tree on the bearer of my bicycle. I can imagine that must have looked stupid. :)

To start off with the question: How to chop out a square of around 16cm³ without any electric machines? In the shed I found some ancient chisel and the most basic hammer you can imagine. And there I went.. Carving out little pieces of wood.
Primitive? I think so. And my afternoon has been great fun, even though my hands, legs ánd foot is now covered in scrapes. Don't ask me what in hell I have done. I was just very impassioned. I felt a bit Scandinavian after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment