Saturday 7 May 2011

Hubcap


A little while ago, I found this awesome hubcap. When I found it, it was all covered in black, sticky dirt. It rained like hell, but somehow I just had to stop cycling to get it. I was already soaked anyway.
I started to clean it, and a perfect Volkswagen hubcap came from under that dirt. I never knew it took so much time and effort to clean such a thing properly.
Now I'm busy to pep up this find. I'm planning to make a light fixture of it. As soon as I'm ready, I'll post it!

BTW, Does anyone know where to find a single light fitting which I can attach to the wall?

1 comment:

  1. Being a little in doubt whether I should comment in either Dutch or English, I will leave it in English since your blog is in English as well.

    I really like your idea of making a light fixture of the hubcap! Once again you proove to be very original and I'm excited about seeing the result when it's finished! Unfortunately I can't help you with your final, technical question, since, if you might know, 'I'm as technical as a bus-stop'.

    Good luck with the manufacturing and show me when it actually works!

    ReplyDelete