Sunday 8 May 2011

Extreme room makeover

When my mum and I moved house, we wanted to go in our new house as soon as possible. The consequence was that none of the rooms were refurbished yet. In my room, there was some sort of ugly blue-greyish carpet, covered in brown dirt-marks which couldn't be removed in any way. The walls were covered with horrible structured wallpaper. After painting this wallpaper, it still looked as ugly and dirty as before. And I got sick and tired of this 'pig-sty'..

Before:

After:


First, I removed all of the wallpaper. Unfortunately, the walls inside our house are made of drywall, so when I scratched off that wallpaper, huge pieces of drywall came with it. After that I removed the carpet.
My aunty has placed the new floor, and I filled up every hole in the wall, smoothed it, filled up again, smoothed it and then painted it with structure paint.
I came to the conclusion that 1. drywall is annoying if you want to remove wallpaper, since you can't remove it with water. 2. drywall is crap because it can't carry heavy things such as shelves. 3. It takes ages to apply structure paint, since it's so thick. However, it was fun to do.
How much I love my room now!

No comments:

Post a Comment