Sunday 7 August 2011

Bassie & Adriaan placemats

This weekend, I've been busy painting placemats for my uncle. I have got an uncle with down-syndrome, and he just got a new apartment. My family has bought a new fancy interior, but it still looked a bit empty. Now I know that my uncle loves Bassie & Adriaan. It's a Dutch duo, with a clown and an acrobat, teaching children about places all around the world. He loves the programme and has dozens of video tapes, DVD's, CD's, Bassie & Adriaan cuddly toys and images in his photo albums. I first wanted to make a painting for on his (still too white) walls, but he already seemed to have a picture of Bassie & Adriaan framed, ready to be hanged up on that wall.
When I introduced the idea of painting some placemats for on his (always empty) table, my mum got excited and told me it was a great idea.
So.. that's why I painted Bassie & Adriaan.





I hope my uncle likes 'em too!

No comments:

Post a Comment